|Pavakkai Urulai Poriyal - Old Pic|
|Pavakkai Urulai Poriyal (Bitter Gourd & Potato Fry)|
- 3 big sized bitter gourd (karela or pavakkai)
- 1 big potato
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp sambar powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai. Tamper mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add chopped onion and fry for few mins.
- Add chopped tomatoes and mash the pulp. Saute for a while and add chopped bitter gourd and potato.
- Add turmeric powder, sambar powder and salt to taste. Cook it covered for 10-15 mins. Stir it frequently.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and Serve it hot with sambar rice.