|Beetroot & Chickpeas Cutlet|
- 1 cup grated beetroot
- 1 cup white chickpeas (kabuli channa) - soaked overnight in water
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green chilies
- 1 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1/4 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- asofoetida - a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
- breadcrumbs - for coating
- Pressure cook chickpeas with 1 cup water for 4-5 whistles. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Drain the water completely and mash the chickpeas with ladle or simply with palm.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai and tamper mustard seeds. Add chopped onions and green chilies. Fry for few mins.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and grated beetroot. Saute a while. Add turmeric powder, chaat masala, asofeotida and salt to taste.
- Cook till the moisture is absorbed. And remove from the heat. Allow to cool. Combine with mashed chickpeas in a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice and chopped coriander.
- Knead well and keep aside for 1 hour. Now, mix corn flour with little water and keep aside. Make small balls of the dough and dip in corn flour mixed water. Make sure it is fully dipped.
- Now coat the balls with breadcrumbs. Heat oil in a kadhai and fry the balls till it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the heat and drain the excess oil using absorbent tissue paper. You can make any shapes (disc shape or heart shape) of the dough. Serve hot with tomato-chili sauce and enjoy the bite :)