|Andhra Chicken Pulao|
Recipe Source : Food Food Channel
The original recipe calls for 4-5 dry red chilies, but i have reduced the quantity and also modified few ingredients according to my taste.
- 250 gms Chicken
- 3 cup basmati rice ( i have used ponni raw rice) - soaked in water for 30 mins
- 2 medium sized onion
- 2 green chilies - slit at the end
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 cup coconut milk
- 2 cup chicken stock
- salt to taste
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 green cardamom
- 20 curry leaves
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander
To grind :
- 2 dry red chilies
- 1 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tbsp water
- Grind broken red chilies & ginger-garlic paste to smooth paste adding 1 tbsp water. Keep it aside.
- Marinate chicken with turmeric powder for 10 mins and wash it. Heat 4 tbsp oil and ghee in a handi or pressure cooker.
- Tamper cloves, cinnamon, cardamom and curry leaves. Saute a while. Add chopped onions and green chilies.
- Fry for few mins. Add chicken pieces and cook for 5 mins. Add grounded paste and fry for few mins.
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock. Once it starts boiling, add rice, salt and lemon juice.
- Mix everything well and cook it covered on low flame for 10-15 mins. Garnish with chopped coriander and serve hot with raita.