|Kasi Halwa / Poosnikkai Halwa / Pumpkin Halwa|
- 2 cup grated white pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup grated sugarless khova (wholemilk fudge)
- 2 tbsp ghee
- a pinch of cardamom seeds powder
- dry fruits - to garnish
- edible orange color - a pinch
- Peel off the skin of pumpkin and remove its seeds. Cut into cubes and grate the white pumpkin.
- Squeeze out the water completely. Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a pan and fry grated pumpkin.
- Fry till moisture is absorbed. Add sugar and cook till it is 3/4 th cooked. Add sugarless khova & orange color. Cook till halwa is consistency is reached.
- Add 1 tbsp ghee when the halwa starts leaving the sides of the pan. Meanwhile roast dry fruits in a pan and add to the halwa.
- Mix all and sprinkle cardamom powder. Remove from the heat and serve hot or cold.