|Raw Banana & Peanut Fry (Vazhakkai Verkadalai Varuval)|
- 1 Raw Banana - peeled and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts - skins removed
- 1 small onion - finely chopped
- 1/4 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tsp sambar powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- asofoetida - a pinch
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Cook chopped raw banana in water till it is 3/4th cooked. Remove from the heat and drain the water completely. Keep it aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan or kadhai and tamper mustard seeds. Add peanuts and fry for few mins.
- Add chopped onions and fry for 2 mins. Add cooked raw banana and fry for 2 mins. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute a while.
- Add turmeric powder, sambar powder, garam masala, asofoetida and salt to taste. Mix well and cook it uncovered on low heat for 10 mins. Add 1 tsp oil in between while cooking.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with chopped coriander. Serve hot with rice.