|Thandu Keerai Poriyal (Red Amaranthus Stir-Fry)|
- 1 bunch of thandu keerai - cleaned and chopped
- 1 medium sized onion
- 4 garlic flakes
- 4 dry red chilies
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 5 curry leaves
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan or kadhai and tamper mustard seeds. Add broken red chilies and saute a while.
- Add chopped onions, curry leaves and garlic flakes. Fry for few mins. Add chopped keerai and turmeric powder.
- Saute a while and add 1 cup water. Cook it covered on low flame till the water is completely absorbed and add salt to taste.
- Mix well and cook for another 2 mins. Remove from the heat and serve hot.