|Wheat Zucchini & Carrot Bread|
Recipe adapted from here. You can also add nuts to give crunchy taste. I have modified it by adding grated carrot.
- 11/2 cup grated zucchini - water squeezed
- 11/2 cup grated carrot
Wet Ingredients :
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
Dry Ingredients :
- 3 cups wheat flour
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 11/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sieve wheat flour and salt. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Beat eggs till smooth for few mins. Add olive oil and beat it again lightly. Add honey and vanilla essence. Beat it for few mins.
- Add the wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix well. Add grated carrot & zucchini in between while mixing.
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees C for 10 mins. Grease the bread/loaf pan with little oil. Pour batter into the pan.
- Keep it in the middle rack and bake for 40 mins. Insert a toothpick at the center of the loaf. It should come clean.
- Take out the bread from the pan and let it cool on the rack for 15 mins. Serve it immediately or keep it refrigerated.